Sunday 10 June 2018

Day 13: Quebec City

I decided to take a rest day in Quebec City, as I hadn’t been here in over a decade. Laurie had to do work, but Marc took me for a tour of the city with their dog Fluffy. We ended up going down to the old port, through the Petit-Champlain neighbourhood, and the Plains of Abraham. There were a ton of people out and the weather was beautiful!
 

Heading up to the Plains, we got some amazing views of the St Laurent, and then once we were up there we saw the preparations for a music festival that will be happening there in June.  Fluffy was pretty tired at this point, so after a rest at the Plains, we headed back to their place. 


Once we were back, we hung out for a bit and then I went for a walk around their neighbourhood and picked up some things to make dinner. Marc went by his shop while I was out to get some bike parts for me, and when I came back he did a complete bike transformation for me!


He swapped out my handlebars, as my previous ones had been much too wide, and got me a shorter stem. In the process he also taught me how to adjust and reattach the brakes and gear shifters to the handlebars and how to best wrap the bar tape. He also adjusted my back rack for me, and checked the seat positioning. Pretty much, everything he did was amazing and made my bike feel so much better. 

After this I made dinner with Laurie, and then Marc told me about a waterfall to check out pretty much on the way to the l’Île d’Orleans, where I’ll be heading tomorrow. It was really nice to spend a chill day in Quebec City, and Marc and Laurie were such amazing hosts!


Quebec City has a cool vibe, and seemed like a nice size. I definitely would have been happy to spend more time there. I’ll be passing through it again on my way back from l’Île d’Orleans, but won’t be staying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment